This virtual On-line course will be delivered to increase awareness & understanding of issues facing young people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, uncertain about their sexuality or gender identity, and explore resources available to support your work.
Participants will learn:
- Recognise their own attitudes and values in relation to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) community
- Identify issues facing LGBT young people
- Evaluate what it means to be young and gay
- Explore how homophobia affects LGBT young people
- Develop an action plan to promote diversity within their working environment & professional practice
Intended impact on practice:
- To increase participants awareness & understanding of issues facing young people who are exploring their sexuality including those young people from the gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender community
- To increase participant's knowledge of resources and confidence to use these when working with individual young people or groups
To apply to attend Hampshire training you must click here to email. If you are not a Hampshire County Council employee you must also register for a Learning Zone account (if you have not already done so). Please see instructions below;
If you have been contacted with your registration details and require these again, please email. Any new organisations (not previously registered) will need to contact Hampshire County Council via email to obtain their customer number, registration code and organisational ID. Once these have been provided you will be sent an email with details of how to set up accounts for yourself and others in your organisation. Each organisation will need to set up individual accounts for all members of staff to enable them to access the learning zone and book training courses.
Once the organisation has a customer number, registration code and organisational ID they can register here. Click the green button titled Register and under New User, click to register. Repeat this process for each member of staff with the same customer number, registration code and organisational ID using their name, email and telephone number. Please make a note of the User ID (starting EXT…) – this will be different for each member of staff and is used to log into the Learning Zone – and then click the Submit button.