*Please make sure to read all relevant topics of our news to ensure you don't miss anything
News Topics - updated 24/09/2021
- How to book appointments for PrEP
- Website Development
If you are wanting to book an appointment for PrEP, please call 0300 300 2016 - please do not book an appointment through the PHR.
We're updating our website and welcome your feedback.
Please be advised that our appointments line is experiencing delays in answering calls. Please continue to hold and we will answer as soon as possible.
We are all facing difficult times during the COVID-19 pandemic. In order to continue to help you, we have made changes to the way we deliver our services. Sexual Health Services remain open during lockdown however there may be changes in waiting times and availability.
Our processes are continually being reviewed to ensure that we can assess and help you as soon as possible. We kindly ask for your patience, understanding and kindness towards us and our colleagues in the NHS during these challenging times. Our priority is to keep patients and staff safe.
Depending on your need we may be able to offer you a face to face appointment, a telephone assessment, or signpost you to appropriate information.
Face to face appointments will be released in the morning as same day appointments available for booking. We are offering most of our appointments as same day appointments so we can screen patients for COVID symptoms on the day of their appointment to help reduce the spread of infection. Additionally, same day appointments ensure that we minimise any disruption to service provision based on advice from the government and other national bodies.
For a telephone assessment you will be contacted by a member of our clinical team and assessed by phone. If we cannot help you over the phone you will be allocated a time to attend clinic. Based on your need we may not be able to offer you a telephone assessment on the day you call us. You may be advised to call back the next day when more telephone assessment slots are made available.
Where possible we encourage the use of our Online Test Kit service, as well as access to information on Sexual Health via our website.
COVID-19 Important Information - Updated 20.7.21
- Please do not attend the clinic unless you have an appointment or have been allocated a time to attend.
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your appointment. Please try and avoid arriving more than 5 minutes before your appointment.
- Please do not bring anyone with you to the clinic.
- If you have been asked to attend clinic you must be wearing a face covering on arrival and for the duration of your visit. Details on how to wear and make a face covering can be read here.
- Please use the hand sanitiser available when entering and leaving our clinics.
- If you have any symptoms or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive, do not visit our sites.
- Please show respect to those around you by maintaining a distance when attending our sites.
Help us help you by staying safe. Thank you.
Please see our COVID-19 FAQs for further information.
We also have guides for professionals & parents, and young people regarding Sexual Health and COVID-19.
Please visit the Solent NHS Trust information page.
Do you have any of the symptoms of coronavirus, however mild?
The main symptoms are:
- a high temperature/fever
- a new, continuous cough
- loss of/change in smell or taste
If you have symptoms, stay at home for 10 days or longer if you still have symptoms other than cough or loss of sense of smell or taste.
If you live with other people, they should stay at home for 10 days from the day the first person got symptoms.