The Treetops Centre is our Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) based in a discreet and secure location in Portsmouth. This service is available to all people living in Hampshire and Isle of Wight. All our staff are specially trained to provide sensitive and well informed support in a non-judgmental manner. We will ensure you are treated with dignity and respect at all times.
If you would like to find out more information, please visit the Treetops website.
We can provide:
• a supportive environment for victims of rape or sexual assault.
• Specially trained crisis workers who will be available to you from the moment you contact Treetops. They will provide emotional support and explain all the options that may be available to support you in whatever decisions you make.
• Information on other support services in your area.
• Information and support on the choice of whether or not to report the assault to the police.
• Forensic medical examination by a specialist doctor. This examination will be carried out as sympathetically as possible, and can be undertaken whether the police are involved or not. The examination may include, where appropriate, pregnancy testing, emergency contraception and STI testing as appropriate, at the time of referral.
• A young persons ISVA (Independent Sexual Violence Advisor).
• Police interview facilities.
But most of all - we will listen to you.
The Contact number for The Treetops Centre is 0300 123 6616.
If you are in a dangerous situation or need medical assistance please call 999.
For urgent emotional support - to speak to a counsellor please call the Samaritans on 116 123.
For support on Domestic Abuse & Violence, please visit our directory of services.