Privacy Statement - Online Shop
Confidentiality and Data Protection
Before accessing our services, we need to ensure that we get your explicit and informed consent for the use of your data, as a result, we request that you read the following before clicking consent and submitting your request.
What Data do Solent NHS Trust Collect and why?
- Test kits:
Your personal details are collected so that we can process your order for a test kit to be posted to you. At this stage your data is not used for anything else. If you order a test kit, we will ask you to provide a mobile number and email address so that we may contact you with your test results and to notify you when your order is dispatched.
- Test Results:
If you post a test kit back to be tested, in addition to your personal details, which you supply, we will also record your test result and any subsequent treatment.
- Social Media:
If you contact us privately through our service Social Media channels, we keep copies of conversations, for a period as detailed below in the section ‘Where is your data stored and for how long?’.
Who will have access to your data and why?
Only staff who have an authorised reason, in order to provide a service to you will have access to your data and will only access it when they are providing a service to you; this includes both clinical and administrative staff within the Sexual Health Service. We will use your data to undertake clinical audits with the aim of making quality improvements within our service. This data will be identifiable.
In addition to Solent NHS Trust Employees, the following Data Processors (contracted organisations) will also process your data on our behalf.
If you are ordering a test kit or have submitted a test kit then your data will be processed by The Doctors Laboratory. They are legally contracted to only use your data for the purpose of posting test kits or testing kits submitted. They will store your data, so as to process your request and to respond to queries or complaints. Only authorised staff will have access to your data at this time.
Solent NHS Trust will ask you to provide a mobile number and email address which will be shared with The Doctors Laboratory so that we may contact you with your test results and to notify you when your order is dispatched.
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust provide hosting and maintenance support to Solent NHS Trust, for the maintenance of our “Lets Talk About It Shop” website, and therefore have access to customer order history. This data will only be viewed if there is a maintenance requirement for the Shop website.
Worldpay provide our merchant services which allow us to take card payments on our shop. Further details about the information they collect and store can be read on their privacy notice. Please note, we do not share any information about your results with Worldpay.
Where is your data stored and for how long?
Your data will be stored on the following systems, depending on the service you have requested;
- Orders for Test Kits and the processing of test results, undertaken by The Doctors Laboratory are stored on their clinical system. The data you enter on the Let’s Talk About It Shop for test kits are kept on Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust’s secure internal network.
- Negative test results will be stored by Solent NHS Trust restricted encrypted network drives and an encrypted email system, known as NHSMail.
- Positive test results and Insufficient test results will be stored by Solent NHS Trust on our clinical patient system, known as Inform and NHSMail.
- Social Media private conversations (Facebook messenger, Twitter direct message, Instagram direct messages) are stored on the social media site for up to one week, before being deleted.
Solent NHS Trust will only keep data to process and deliver a service to you and in line with national retention periods, for Health and Social Care;
- Orders for Test Kits are only kept by The Doctors Laboratory while they process your order and this information is then deleted. The data stored on the Let’s Talk About It Store by Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust is kept for 12 months.
- Test results are kept by The Doctors Laboratory while they process your request, at which point they will pass your results on to Solent NHS Trust and delete the data held by them. The length of time that Solent NHS Trust keep these results for, will depend on the outcome of the test. If the test is negative then this will be kept for 2 years, allowing for clinical comparison should you have future tests. If the test is positive or insufficient, this will be kept for 8 years, following the conclusion of treatment.
- Social Media data stored securely offline for 6 months allowing for verification of information, and then anonymised and conversations are stored for 2 years on a secure network.
Further information on the use of your data and your rights, including Solent NHS Trust’s Information Governance Policies
For further information on the use of your data and your rights, please visit our Internet Site and in particular the “Your Information, Your Rights”
What are your options if you do not consent to your data being using, as outlined above or change your mind?
If you do not wish to consent to your data being used as advised above, you do have other options.
If you have consented to the use of your information as mentioned above, you do have a right to change your mind, but certain information may need to be retained for legal reasons.
- If a test result has been processed, we are legally required to store the results, as outlined above.
As a service, we feel that keeping your data and information confidential and secure is extremely important. When you use the service the information in your notes are stored securely on our computer system and are strictly confidential. We may need to share your records with your local sexual health clinic if your result is positive.
Solent NHS Trust uses Google Analytics cookies on its websites, which allow us to collect information such as the browser, operating system and screen resolution used, the pages you visit on our website, an anonymised version of your IP address, and your location (country only).
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
The anonymous information collected is sent to Google so that we can use their analytics reporting tools. We do not send personally identifiable information to Google. For more information on how Google uses the data we send them, please click here.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
If you have any concerns or queries regarding your confidentiality or the use of your data, please contact our Information Governance Team on InformationGovernanceTeam@solent.nhs.uk
For frequently asked questions about the online shop, please click here.