We offer a free and confidential outpatients service for the treatment of adults living with HIV. This is an open access service and a referral from another healthcare professional is not needed.
Children living with HIV are looked after by the Paediatric HIV team. Our HIV team works closely with these families and support children moving into our care at the age of 18.
As a service we offer:
- Appointments within 2 working days for those who are newly diagnosed with HIV. At this appointment blood tests will be performed and you will have an opportunity to discuss your diagnosis with a specialist nurse or a Doctor
- Long term follow ups, treatment and management for those living with and/or affected by HIV
- Psychological support from health advisor, health promotion or adult mental health nurse
- Specialist dietician support
- Specialist pharmacist to support with medication
- Anonymous partner notification
- Sexual health care, STI testing, contraception and cervical screening
- Specialist care (shared with other hospital consultants where necessary) including preconception advice, care in pregnancy, hepatitis co-infection and TB treatment
You can now chat to us online at our HIV live web chat service.
This service is for anyone in Hampshire who:
- has been diagnosed with HIV (HIV positive)
- has been affected by anyone in their life who is HIV positive
- needs advice and support about HIV
Other information is available at:
Positive Action provides support to individuals and families affected by HIV living in Hampshire, including Southampton and Portsmouth.
The Terrence Higgins Trust is a charity providing support to people at risk of HIV and people living with HIV. They will also answer private questions online.
Groundswell offer home-based one-to-one support for people who have been diagnosed with HIV.
i-base provides lots of information leaflets and useful documents, which can be downloaded and printed. These include a downloadable diary to record treatments and medication, information about HIV during pregnancy, information on changing treatments and lots more.